Nan's Reviews > Rage of Angels

Rage of Angels by Sidney Sheldon

Jun 30, 2010

bookshelves: ebook, suspense, romance
Read on July 01, 2010 — I own a copy , read count: 1

This is the first Sidney Sheldon novel I've read, and I can now understand why he's so popular.

Jennifer Parker is on her first day of her new job working for the District Attorney's office in New York City, when she does something horrible. She takes a package from a man in the courtroom and delivers it to the witness. She thinks the man works for her boss, but she's wrong. And the package contains a dead canary. With his Mafia trial falling apart once the witness refuses to continue his testimony, the district attorney vows to disbar Miss Parker. The defendant was Micheal Moretti, heir to one of New York's great Families.

Weeks after the trial, Adam Warner steps into Parker's life. He's been asked to investigate her case for the disbarment hearing and to make a recommendation. People have political ambitions for Warner, and Parker's case is seen as a stepping stone for his great future.

But nothing goes as planned. Moretti used Parker, and finds himself fascinated by her. Warner sees in her everything he's missing in his wife. The triangle between these three people will change their lives and the lives of everyone around them.

The opening pages of the book are set in 1969, and it moves up to near the publication date of 1980. When I was reading the book, I had no idea that it was published thirty years ago. The writing felt vital and alive, and it was a powerful story.
4 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rage of Angels.

message 1: by Tina (new) - added it

Tina got this from b&n for free on my nook-i thinkit is still free-so check it out if anyone has a nook - looking forward to reading it!

message 2: by Nan (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nan That's how I got my copy, too. I'm trying to use some of these free books to acclimate to reading on the nook, so anything that looks reasonably good, I'm downloading. This was a very good book.