Kathrynn's Reviews > The Duke and I

The Duke and I by Julia Quinn

Jan 24, 08

bookshelves: romance-historical, own, funny, gentle-reads, series-bridgerton_quinn, 2008, favorites, reviewed, theme-hero_heartthrob
Read in January, 2008

I enjoyed the entire Bridgerton Series and re-read this book thinking I would start re-reading the series, too. The whole series is wonderful, funny, well written--strictly romance. Nice stories.

Some authors write books, but a few WRITE BOOKS. Ms. Quinn has a knack for building up the plot, writing well rounded characters, nice climax and ending. Nice! All very well written.

I enjoyed all the characters in this book, including Mrs. Bridgerton--Violet--what a hoot; all the sons that play a large part, Anthony, Colin, etc. Wonderfully expressed family drama, full of love for each other, lots of emotional "dialogue," but not just in the dialogue--in the expressions written.

Her books are just fun to read! Lady Whistledown's Society columns are a hoot! Her books have no darkness, vampires, werewolves, murders, rapes, graphic sex scenes. Her style of writing is like a breath of fresh air for me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Duke and I.