Jessica(Spinecracker)'s Reviews > Night Life

Night Life by Caitlin Kittredge

Jul 31, 10

Read from July 30 to 31, 2010

This book is o k. 2.5 stars

The character development wasn't all that great -esp for the main character- ,and the over-all descriptive nature of this book left me scratching my head at times. The way CK relays the story happening around her confused me at times, and that deflated a lot of the scenes. Like describing a cast circle as a "building" (rather than walls or something) when the characters were battling inside an actual building...I was like what just happened....oh nothing, just another case of trying to over-describe something and in turn just confusing the hell out of me.

Also, the all-important possible love connection was totally rushed. I mean he was suppose to be mated with a girl that just died....isn't that suppose to devastate a Were? She doesn't even try to give the readers a band-aid of an explanation why he could so quickly like/love? our main character.

But, the world CK has begun is interesting. And even though Luna's character confuses the hell out of me (being angry just to be angry all the time doesn't really work), I went ahead and purchased the next book in the series in hopes that this is a general case of "it gets better I promise"
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Night Life.