MP's Reviews > Losing My Cool: How a Father's Love and 15,000 Books Beat Hip-Hop Culture

Losing My Cool by Thomas Chatterton Williams

Jun 30, 2010

Read from June 30 to July 10, 2010

This book belongs in the Must-Read category for people who want to know --what is-- in the hip hop culture.(Current/Today) Thomas Chatterton Williams book portrays his years from childhood to early adult. He relates his experience of being black/white, hip and cool.

This book was so good, the writing so tight, critical, thought-through that I wanted to read every word. I appreciated that he carried us from youth to adult years; that he shared his life views as they moved from innocence to knowledge. I can only wish that his philosophy of higher education could be espoused widely.

This is a heart-felt book that is told in both a hip and collegiate manner. In reading the book, I felt I met TCW and joined in his self-searching and self-discovery. It was quite the WOW book I thought it would be when I requested the honor of being given a copy.
I can only hope he writes more books; I am going to research his writings to other publications on the web, and keep track of this man. He is worthy to be perused, read, considered and watched - in the most intellectual manner.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Losing My Cool.

06/30/2010 page 39
16.0% "Thanks to the Author and Penguin Press for this pre-release copy- I am very impressed with this author's writing."