Caitlin's Reviews > Between Sisters

Between Sisters by Kristin Hannah

F_50x66
Jun 30, 10

Read in June, 2010

Four stars seems like such a standard rating for me. I think my standard may have to become three stars...maybe it's that a I took a big break from reading so anything I pick up right now that holds my attention is "super-fun" to me!

Anyway - between sisters was another great Kristin Hannah book. I'm in - I will now be reading all of her books! I've yet to dislike one. Though I find them all a little heavy in that I'm waiting for the tears to flow once I reach the 3/4 mark of the book, I love her style of writing and how she really draws you into the characters. There don't seem to be any villans or heroines in her books - just ordinary people with ordinary lives who are trying to make it in this world.

This book is an exaggerated version of a dysfunctional family, which is something I feel everyone can relate to. The only thing I wish she had done differently was spent more time on the secondary relationship between the older sister and her man (I've already forgotten their names, my memory isn't the best...). I liked that storyline and wished she had better developed it, seeing as though we got so much time as to why the sister was in therapy, etc.

Overall - would highly recommend. Bring the tissues (though not as many as you needed for Firefly Lane)!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Between Sisters.