Patrice's Reviews > Holy Bible: King James Version

Holy Bible by Anonymous

U 50x66
Jun 30, 10

Read on June 30, 2010

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Holy Bible.

message 1: by Adelle (new) - added it

Adelle If you've the time, you might enjoy reading God's Secretaries: The Making of the King James Bible. I can't recall the author, but I'm solid on the title. I found it a fascinating red.

message 2: by Patrice (last edited Jul 01, 2010 08:56PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Patrice Thanks Adelle. I won't have the time for a while but I'd like to read some things to help me better understand. I'm getting a late start considering it could take a lifetime to understand fully!

I'm taking a course this summer that compares the old, and new testaments with the quran. So much to read in so little time but I'm so glad I signed up. I realized that I've never sat down and read the bible before! Just Genesis, Matthew and Job. I know so much of it just through osmosis but it's different to sit down and really read and think about it.

I accidentally listed the wrong edition. the one I'm reading is the New Oxford Annotated and it's really wonderful. The translation is accessible and there are many helpful footnotes, commentaries and best of all, maps. I'm also downloading it onto my ipod so i can listen to it while I bike. How did I ever reach
the age of 60 without having read this????

Good to hear from you.

message 3: by Adelle (new) - added it

Adelle oh, lol, I keep my eye on your updates! smile. Knew you were busy. Terribly impressed, as always, with what you're getting read. You go, girl!

Patrice I'm trying to make up for lost time!

Patrice Oh! I'm going to be listening to the King James version, does that count as "reading"?

message 6: by Adelle (new) - added it

Adelle "Sure."

(Takes different skills, though, doesn't it? I find it so much easier to lose my concentration when I'm "reading"/audio.)

Patrice Yes, you have to process at the speed of the reader.
But then there's always re-wind!