Amanda Kaye's Reviews > Eat Pray Love

Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert

Sep 08, 10

bookshelves: adult-liturature, book-inspired-a-movie
Read from August 21 to September 08, 2010

This book had it's good parts and it's boring parts. I think what I like most about it is her descriptions of the countries, history of places, the people she meets, and the mini stories she weaves into the overall plot.

I didn't care for the fact that she uses stronger language then I like. And it's really sad to me that she spends all this time trying to figure out her place in the universe and who God is. I don't think she really found any answers.

If you want to know what this book is about, it is an account of a woman who travels to 3 countries for a year in hope to find a balance and happiness in her life after a bitter divorce. She travels to Italy, India, and finally Bali (Indonesia). I really enjoyed reading about Italy and Bali. India did little for me since she spend most of the time talking about meditation and yoga.

Content Warnings: She does swear, talk about sex (how much she misses it and enjoys it in life--nothing explicit), and there is a chapter about how a medicine woman in Bali helps with sexual problems. I would probably say it is a pg-13 book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eat Pray Love.

08/21/2010 page 36