Lain's Reviews > All Together Dead

All Together Dead by Charlaine Harris

Feb 22, 09

Sookie Stackhouse, mind-reader extraordinaire, is hired by Louisiana's vampire queen to attend the big vampire summit in Illinois. Of course, nothing goes as planned, and the vampires are under attack by both humans and other competing vampire congregations. Sookie must try to determine everyone's real motives and keep the queen, her exes (both vampires, of course), and her current squeeze safe, while keeping herself out of trouble, too.

The best of the Stackhouse books, Book #7 has plenty of supernaturals ("supers"), vamp sightings, intrigue, and sex. Sookie also seems to be calming down a bit, and her appeal to the supers is starting to make more sense. As the series matures, Sookie's character is maturing, too, and I find myself liking her more and more.

If you are new to the series, don't start with this one. I've read all of them so far and had trouble keeping up with the players and backstories; if you're a newbie, you'll be lost for sure.

This was the first book of Harris' that had me staying up late at night to turn "just one more page," so I hold high hopes for #8!!
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All Together Dead.

Comments (showing 1-1)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Jennifer I am really looking forward to the next book in this series as well!