Maryse's Reviews > Everything's Eventual: 14 Dark Tales

Everything's Eventual by Stephen King

Jun 30, 10

bookshelves: booksale-finds, short-stories, supernatural, books-to-film
Recommended for: horror fans
I own a copy

Yeah, finally found a copy at Booksale. WooHooo :)

I adore King. I love how he twists what is completely natural into something unbelievably supernatural. And, of the (few) short stories anthologies I've read, I think I love this volume best. King seems to reached his stride in terms of short story writing with this volume, with "That Feeling, You Can Only Say What It Is In French" -- a story about deja vu -- being my current favorite (to the point that scenes and voices still echo in my head days after I had read it). Here, King is past the usual things that scare us: ghosts, supernatural, and what not. Instead, he presents horror as something within us, an unexplained darkness, lingering under the surface, waiting for that apt moment for it to surface and claim us. There really is no escape, because how can we escape ourselves?

Now that is scary.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Everything's Eventual.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by jzhunagev (new) - added it

jzhunagev Though I haven't read the book yet, my favorite of all Stephen King short story is "The Man in the Black Suit" which is included in this collection. The story won for King the O. Henry Prize. And man, that short story is so subtlety eloquent. I really liked it.

Gotta find meself a copy though.

Maryse I skipped that story for some reason. Thanks for the tip. I'm going to read it as soon as I get home :)