Karen's Reviews > Gregor and the Prophecy of Bane

Gregor and the Prophecy of Bane by Suzanne Collins

F_50x66
Jun 29, 10

** spoiler alert ** This series is just really fun to read. I liked the first book a lot, but definitely enjoyed this one even more. Suzanne Collins does so much with character development, which to me is one of the things that makes or breaks a book. This book is paced so well with some unforseen twists and great suspense. I appreciate that harsh things happen, because harsh things happen in real life. I also really like how Collins lets her characters have a real range of emotions, just like people really do. That's refreshing, since not all books for kids do that. I also loved the surprise when Gregor faces "the Bane" -- when I first read it, I thought, well, that's actually kind of lame. But, when Gregor (and I) realized the ramifications of the Bane being a baby, I found that twist to be actually quite brilliant! It's chances like these that Collins takes as an author that make her work such a pleasure to read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gregor and the Prophecy of Bane.