Tammy Walton Grant's Reviews > Delicious

Delicious by Sherry Thomas

Apr 22, 12

bookshelves: 2010-july, hr-victorian, romance-historical, 2012-april, romance-angsty, tropes-ruined-heroine, tropes-secret-identity, tropes-second-chances, tropes-stuffed-shirt-hero
Recommended for: gastronomes and fans of angst-filled, quiet love stories!
Read on April 22, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 1

Third time was DEFINITELY the charm for this book. The first time I read it, it was meh. Second time, I gave up and didn't finish.

This time, I don't know what happened, I just must have been in the right mood for it. ST's writing is amazing: the angst, the pain, the sorrow, the love...my chest hurt the whole time I was reading it.

A couple of little things kept this from a 5 star, but somehow this book has quietly become a favourite.

4.5 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Delicious.

07/19/2010 page 384
100.0% "Well. That sure was different!"
03/01/2011 page 1
0.0% "Just starting a re-read" 11 comments
03/02/2011 page 139
34.0% "Ah ha!!!! (Catherine, you said this might happen, you were so right!) Now I remember why I only gave this book 3 stars." 16 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Catherine Did you ever continue your reread?

Tammy Walton Grant Hi Catherine, just found this comment! Damn GoodReads. I ended up just putting it aside. One of these days I'm going to read it, and understand it, and like it. >:\

Catherine Good luck with that. LOL.

message 4: by Zumbagirl (new)

Zumbagirl This is her only book I haven't read and I own it. Her writing is amazing but not sure I'm ready for the pain

Tammy Walton Grant LOL - yup, this one sure is angsty. Or maybe the word is poignant? Bittersweet? A definite undertone of sorrow and loss throughout, for both H/h.

Definitely worth the read, though. ST writes beautifully.

message 6: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Wow, three tries? Your determination is impressive, ma'am. :D

Karla (Mossy Love Grotto) Sarah wrote: "Wow, three tries? Your determination is impressive, ma'am. :D"

message 8: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Karla (Mossy Love Grotto) wrote: "Book hoarders with an overwhelming sense of their own mortality can't afford giving a book three tries. :D"

Hey, I actually opened Mara to read a few pages before mailing it -- just to be sure. Bwahaha.

Tammy Walton Grant Sarah wrote: "Wow, three tries? Your determination is impressive, ma'am. :D"

Sheer contrariness, more likely. But thankee, ma'am!

Tammy Walton Grant Karla (Mossy Love Grotto) wrote: "Book hoarders with an overwhelming sense of their own mortality can't afford giving a book three tries. :D"

LOLOL!