Rachel's Reviews > City of Ashes

City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare

Jul 02, 2010

bookshelves: fantasy-and-sci-fi, audiobooks, young-adult
Read in July, 2010

Ok I liked this book way more than City of Bones, and really it should get 4 1/2 stars. The action just flowed way better. That being said, this book was equally frustrating in parts, i.e. the sexual tension between Clary/Jace/Simon and Jace/Ales and Alec/Magnus. I did like Magnus a whole lot more in this book as he seemed to be genuinely interested in Alec and not just as a booty call, as in the first book. As a side note, I didn't like the narrator of this book as much as the narrator of the 1st book, but she grew on me as I got more into the story.
This book picks up about a week after City of Bones left off. Clary and Simon are trying to date, but real life and messy situations keeping getting in the way. Jocelyn is still in a coma, with Luke visiting her every day at the hospital. Jace is being questioned by the mysterious Inquisitor, who is part of the law-making body of the Clave. Alec and Magnus Bane seem to be carrying on a relationship on the side, though everyone is very hush hush about it. Valentine is on the loose, this time with the Fear Demon terrorizing the city and out for blood. He still has the Mortal Cup and everyone is wondering what will happen next. To find out, please read the book. I am about to start the next book in the series today!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read City of Ashes.

06/30/2010 "Disc 3 of 11"
07/01/2010 "Disc 4 of 11"
07/01/2010 "Disc 6 of 11"
07/02/2010 "Disc 8 of 11"
07/02/2010 "Disc 10 of 11"
07/02/2010 "Disc 11 of 11"