Lisa Vegan's Reviews > The World of Henry Orient

The World of Henry Orient by Nora Johnson

Feb 01, 08

bookshelves: reviewed, fiction, novel, young-adult
Recommended to Lisa by: Pam
Read in January, 2008

The movie The World of Henry Orient was one of my favorites when I was a kid, but I never knew it was made based on a book until I found the book on Goodreads. I really enjoyed reading this. Pure nostalgia. While reading, I pictured the movie’s actors as being the characters. As I expected, the story was slightly different from that in the movie and the ending was somewhat different as well. I’m partial to the movie (5 stars!), but most likely that’s because it’s an old favorite. When young, a friend and I got ideas for doing “detective work” about people from the movie. A fun read, although it’s actually a very serious story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The World of Henry Orient.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Lisa Vegan The World of Henry Orient is one of my favorite movies from when I was a kid. Came out in 1964. Had no idea there was a book of the same story.

message 2: by Pam (new) - rated it 5 stars

Pam totally weird that I just picked you out to be "friends" with (mostly based on the vegan thing, if you didn't figure that out) - My aunt wrote this book, before I was born. I suppose I"m not unbiased, but I really liked it when I read it.

What particularly amused me was the feeling I frequently had reading books about teens that if only THIS adult was in my life they'd "get" me - but then it occurred to me that she was, and didnt', really, so much...

Lisa Vegan Pam,

That is really funny. When did she write it; do you know? I own the movie on vhs. One of my childhood friends & I did similar "detective work." :-) The story meant a lot to me. I'm going to have to read the book.

Yes, and I accepted you as a friend mostly because of the vegan thing and also we have a lot of books/ratings in common as well.

Lisa Vegan Ah, I looked it up. Published in 1958.