Krista (One Love) (Critical)'s Reviews > Letters to a Secret Lover

Letters to a Secret Lover by Toni Blake

2082345
This was a pretty cute, simple book.
I liked both of the characters quite a lot. Lindsey wasn't likable at first, with her obsession with shoes and clothing, but she grew on me pretty quickly, and turned out to be less shallow than I'd thought. Rob was...if not interesting, likable. I liked that he wasn't a charmer, but more of an awkward man. Cute. I must admit, though, I found him a tad boring.

The romance was...not hot, but believable. I could tell they loved each other, though I can't say I really know why. I guess it was fun watching the opposites attract. I loved how Lindsey did little small things for Rob, like when she specifically wore animal print (you'll know what I mean) and a couple of other things...

Rob's "secret" was a surprise for me, though there was another twist I saw coming right from the start.

The ending was rushed and silly, but the very end was good. I saw it coming, but I was still glad it did.

It's more of a fun, cotton-candy type book than a cheesecake (aka a surface book), so if you're in the mood for deep or moving or something to make you cry, this isn't it, but it's a quick escape from reality.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Letters to a Secret Lover.