Laura's Reviews > Dark Flame

Jun 29, 2010

did not like it
bookshelves: 2010-mt-bookpile, old-reads
Read in July, 2010

The fact that I got a hardbound copy of the fourth book in this series from a pile at the publisher's booth should say something - something like, this series isn't selling the way we want. Or that we need to push the books more.

I know that the first book seemed to be heading in a direction that might have promise, except that it also seemed to have a few too many things going on. Well, that's changed. The Immortals reads like the kids from Gossip Girl met Charmed and hung on for dear life. Ever and Haven? Now immortal enemies. I think. Ava? Good in this book, but for how long? Drina? Still gone. I'm guessing she comes back.

If the plot doesn't get you, the constant squinting and shrugging will (luckily for most of the characters, Immortals look really great thanks to their magic elixir, so they won't worry about nasty crow's feet). After a while, I started counting the instances of each! And then there's the overuse/abuse of italics, which appear on every page. Sometimes more than once.

Copy provided by publisher.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Flame.

message 1: by Amy L. (new)

Amy L. Campbell noooooo, I'm starting on the first one sometime this week. I was looking forward to an easy, breezy and fun read with potential for stretching it out over the series.