Mason Hall's Reviews > Armageddon's Children

Armageddon's Children by Terry Brooks

Jun 29, 10

I own a copy

** spoiler alert ** This review was originally done as the whole Genesis of Shannara series but I broke it up here.

*Does contain some spoilers*

The Genesis of Shannara series is the bridge series between The Word and the Void and The Sword of Shannara series, and I will review them all together, since that is basically how I read them.
Armageddon's Children begins roughly eighty years after the events of Angel Fire East The story focuses on three main characters through the majority of the book, Hawk, Logan Tom and Angel Perez. During the course of the book we do also meet a couple other characters who play a bigger role in the following two books, these being Findo Gask the leader of the demons and Kirisin an elf and one of the chosen keepers of the Ellcrys. Hawk is the leader of a group of street kids called the Ghosts, living in what used to be the Seattle area. Throughout Hawk's life he has had visions of leading the other kids to a place where they will be safe. However he needs works hard just to keep the kids alive from disease and the freaks. We also learn about Logan Tom and Angel Perez, both of whom are Knights of the Word. While Angel is determined to free people from the compounds before the demons come, Logan travels from place to place destroying any and all demons he can find. Both Angel and Logan are having difficulties in what they are doing, however they are both given new missions by the Lady. Logan has been tasked with finding and protecting the Gypsy Morph. He is given a talisman of sorts that will lead him to the Gypsy Morph since neither knows who or what it will be. Angel's new mission is to find the elves and help them find the Loden Stone which will protect the elves and the Ellcrys.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Armageddon's Children.