JoAnn's Reviews > The Secret Diaries of Miss Miranda Cheever

The Secret Diaries of Miss Miranda Cheever by Julia Quinn

Apr 05, 11

bookshelves: romance
Read from March 31 to April 05, 2011

An enjoyable read with likeable characters, though not quite as good as What Happens in London which was my first Julia Quinn book -- and yes, of course I read them out of order.
When she is ten years old, Miranda falls in love with Turner, her best friend's 19 year old brother. Nine years later, he is a widower. His wife was a serial adulterer and the marriage was pretty damaging and the emotional scars cause problems when he later marries Miranda.
Different people have different ways of giving and receiving love and Miranda needed to hear the actual words "I love you," which was very difficult for Turner to say, though he showed it in many other ways. In true romance fashion, all is worked out in the end.
It is the pleasure of the journey to that happy ending that makes a romance worth reading and this one certainly is.

I do have one small complaint, which only occurred to me near the end of the book: I wish there had been more diary entries.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Secret Diaries of Miss Miranda Cheever.