Erica's Reviews > Airborn

Airborn by Kenneth Oppel

Jul 11, 10

Read from July 02 to 11, 2010

** spoiler alert ** Kate was perhaps my favorite character in the whole book. She was a rich girl with realistic limitations but at the same time she wasn't afraid to jump into the adventure and take part in the action. The relationship she built with Matt seemed realistic, if not obvious, and was very adorable. I kind of want to see the two of them grow closer together and I hope that's where the series is going.

The world the author has created is unique and fantastical. I love the idea of airships and there was definitely a romantic majesty to the whole affair. I found myself engrossed on the day to day world of the ship. Some parts dragged on but I think you get that in any first book because you have to set up the world and its characters.

Although, I have to admit, one of the drawbacks was all of the "convenient" encounters in the book...especially once they ship wreck. It just seemed a TAD much that all of that kept happening. Otherwise it was a good read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Airborn.

07/02/2010 page 21
07/10/2010 page 232
44.0% ""You two were in a cave together?" said Miss Simpkins in horror. "Yes," said Kate, "and it was very, very dark.""
show 1 hidden update…