Christine's Reviews > Morning Light

Morning Light by Catherine Anderson

Jun 29, 10

bookshelves: paranormal, romance

This book was disappointing, compared to the other Catherine Andersno books I've read. Since this book featured a clairvoyant, I expected to like it quite a bit, because I am drawn to paranormal stories, but I just wasn't drawn into these characters or circumstances. Loni, the daughter and granddaughter of gifted seers, didn't seem believable to me. She shouldn't have been an untrained bundle of nerves with two living generations of clairvoyants behind her. I thought, perhaps, there wasn't a way to control her ability but as the book goes on, she gradually gets better at it through the help of Clint, who really didn't have any amazing pearls of wisdom. He did go on about religion a lot and I think the point was that she thought her gift was from the devil and fought it, but once again, this was something I had trouble believing to be true in an old and gifted family. Additionally, the religious overtones in this book were off the charts and made me feel uncomfortable. I complimented an earlier book in this series on being religious without coming across as preachy, but this one failed to meet the same ends for me.

For all those complaints, I can't go lower than three stars because the book is still better than at least half the junk romance novels out there. Plus, if you're reading this series, sooner or later you'll probably get to this one. Just don't start with it. :=)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Morning Light.