KidsNonFiction Teton County Library's Reviews > Ask Me

Ask Me by Antje Damm

Jun 29, 2010

OK, I could have made a book like this for my family by myself. But why? Here is a great conversation starter book, designed for parents, children and families, but really applicable to all ages, in one visually appealing small package.

The book's format pairs conversation starter questions with related illustrations and photos to spark stories. Whenever I've pulled this out to talk with my daughter (3 years old) it has elicited some funny conversations, and even more so when I've used it with her grandmother, too. Starter questions range from: "How did your parents choose your name?" to "How do you make people laugh?" to "What do you put on to look good?"

Kids see the world so differently than most adults, and this book can be one of your many tools to help open the door to that world, AND spark the start of your own stories about your kids. It's a great connection builder; keep it near the dinner table. Works well for a range of ages from young children all the way up to grandparents. Kirsten

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ask Me.