Linz's Reviews > Eyes Like Stars

Eyes Like Stars by Lisa Mantchev

Jul 03, 10

Read from June 28 to July 03, 2010

Okay! So, I finished this book today, and let's just say... WOW! This is the most unique and refreshing book I've read in, well, forever? Honestly, it was fantastic! Perhaps a little weird at first, since I had absolutely no clue what was going on, but I as I went further, the characters grew on me and I figure out what was happening.

While the Players are born through The Book and how they are their character is still a little hard to get my mind around, this book was truly entertaining and full of laughs. The little fairies, Moth, Cobweb, Peasblossom, and Mustardseed are HILARIOUS! They kept me laughing the whole time! Ariel is absolutely beautiful, and is one of the only book characters ever that has a definite voice in my mind (and I STILL can't place it!). I've loved him since I saw the second book cover (which was what made me want to read the book--I was about to buy it when I realized it was the second one) and was a little worried when he was a little evil at first, but I grew to love him SO MUCH! Nate is just a sweetheart. Wha' more can ye say? ;) And Bertie, the heroine. While at times, she could be a little... frustrating, she is strong, and I really liked her. But, Ariel is for sure my favorite. No competition. :P

Anyway, I think one of the main things I loved about this book are the characters. They're just fantastic! I also loved how unique they all are. Yes, I liked this book, very much. I'm glad I was able to actually read a good book!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eyes Like Stars.

CheshRCat Yay! I love this book. Just bought the second. I LOVE ARIEL!!!!

And may I say, I had a crush on him since my mum first took me to see the play @ age four. *Squeeeeeee*