Laura (Hey! I'm reading)'s Reviews > Project 17

Project 17 by Laurie Faria Stolarz

I'm not sure what I was expecting when I began this novel, but I have to say, it didn't impress me that much. Maybe it's because I'm a huge horror/psychological thriller person to begin with, but I just didn't find this book to be scary. Every time it was starting to get interesting, it turned out that it was one of the teens just pulling a prank or being stupid.

I think the idea of the novel was really good, and I think the novel would've been better through the patient's eyes, like what they had to go through. Almost like flashbacks? Another thing I didn't like much was the change of POV in almost every chapter. I found it to be confusing and a bit annoying. I think the novel would've been better just in Derrick's POV, since he's the one that had the idea in the first place. It was hard remembering all of their back stories.

Overall, it was an okay novel but definitely not what I thought it'd be considering all the good reviews. I didn't find any of the characters very memorable...they were pretty typical and a bit bland. I almost felt like the author had the idea of the Breakfast Club and tossed them into a haunted hospital. The writing was good, but I much prefer the Touch series over this.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Project 17.