Lynn's Reviews > The Lost City of Faar

F_50x66
Jul 05, 10

bookshelves: j-fiction
Read from June 28 to 30, 2010

I began listening to this book on CD but about a third of the way through, I could not stand the whining by main character Bobby Pendragon. I was enjoying the storyline so I decided after much debate to try reading the book instead. Am I glad I did that. Bobby's whining is still irritating but not so annoying that the story is lost. I must disagree with those readers who say this is better than Harry Potter: I have read all the Harry Potter books and listened to them narrated by Jim Dale (who is the best!), however, I cannot imagine myself re-reading the Pendragon series. I listened to Book one last year (I managed to finish it, again totally annoyed by the whining character Bobby) but it was interesting enough that I decided to give The Lost City of Faar a try. And now I have begun reading The Never War, the next book in the series. MacHale does a good job describing the different worlds and has some compelling characters, along with a lot of action and adventure. All-in-all an enjoyable summer read, that I think will probably appeal to readers 12 and up.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lost City of Faar.

06/28/2010 page 267