Lisa (A Life Bound By Books)'s Reviews > Dear Dylan

2001477
Jul 30, 10

bookshelves: books-i-own, 2010-read
Read from July 08 to 12, 2010

For more info and reviews please visit my Book Review Blog here - A Life Bound By Books

3.5 Stars - When I first started reading Dear Dylan I wasn’t sure just what to think, it took quite a few pages to really get into. It’s written in alternating emails between a teenage girl and someone she believes is Dylan - a star from a well known TV show in England. She’s a teen with a lot of troubles at home and uses the emails to vent with someone – real and the character he played - who she felt she connected with and could understand just what she is going through.

Curham did a great job writing from a troubled a teen’s point of view. With how serious things were throughout each email there were times I couldn’t help but to laugh out loud at the great lines that each of the characters had.

The way Georgie was able to get help to deal with her home life and the problems she was facing with her friends was honest and caring. It was wonderful how someone who’s an outsider was able to view things from a distance and tell Georgie just the right thing at the right time. As a reader it was sweet watching the changes in Georgie and how she grew up over the course of a summer.

There’s a little bit of everything in this book and I commend Curham’s ability to write such strong and realistic characters that many people of all ages will be able to relate. Having done it the way she has in email format might be hard at first to get into, but in the end worked pretty well for me as a reader.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dear Dylan.

07/08/2010 page 11
5.0% "Just getting started..."