Trina's Reviews > Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians

Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians by Brandon Sanderson

Dec 24, 07

bookshelves: youngadultbooks, fantasy, urban-fantasy
Recommended for: everyone interested in knowing about the evil plot by librarians to rule the world
Read in December, 2007

I now understand: Alkatraz Smedry is trying to save us all from a plot by the Evil Librarians to rule the world and keep all the magic in it for themselves.

Alkatraz is a great hero with a wonderful talent for breaking things, but he has been brought up by foster families in Inner Libraria who are unable to appreciate him.

When he receives his inheritance (a bag of sand), his life begins to get more exciting. An evil case worker steals the sand, Grandpa Smedry arrives (late, as usual) and off they go on their adventure.

The one thing I didn't like about this book was that it made a few too many references to other series and authors, rather than standing on it's own. Then again, there's one reference near the end of the book that had me rolling on the floor, so maybe putting up with the other references was worth it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Newengland (new)

Newengland Thanks, Trina. The cover looks a little "young," though. Cool covers are EVERYthing to 8th graders, I've learned.