Stef's Reviews > Teacher's Pet

Teacher's Pet by G.A. Hauser

Jul 06, 10

bookshelves: 2010, college, ebook, m-m
Read in July, 2010

Overall it was an enjoyable read. I especially found the College setting quite realistic. I especially liked that I had a chance to get to know the various side-characters in Jeremy's life, without being overwhelmed by too much unnecessary detail.

Two things that I didn't quite understand were a) what Jeremy was actually studying and b) why he ended up taking Art History as well as a sculpture class. To take one credit for interest was understandable, but taking two in one semester seems very wasteful. I would have appreciated a bit more in depth to his reasoning.

Peter seems interesting enough at times, but I had a hard time getting a handle on him. On the one hand he was described as the liberal, somewhat distracted artist type, and yet his whole lifestyle screamed everything but liberal and that somehow didn't match.

Yet it was a nice trip through their relationship with realistic approaches to coming out situations and family/traditional obligations. As much as I could follow Jeremy's coming of age and developing into a secure young man it was more a story of parallel lives coming together and trying to find a common ground.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Teacher's Pet.

06/30/2010