Meagan's Reviews > Perfect Chemistry

Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles

Jun 28, 10

bookshelves: 2010-reads, love-romance, young-adult, part-of-a-series, contemporary, chic-lit
Read from June 27 to 28, 2010

I liked but did not love. After coming off a well written book such as Lonesome Dove, Perfect Chemistry came off a little shallow and cliché for me. At the same time I could not put this one down and finished it in less than 12 hours (which included me sleeping and unpacking) so it was definitely engaging. I would give it 4 stars but I can't rate it the same as Lonesome Dove so it will have to be 3.75.

For my more conservative reading friends- you probably would not like this one. There is a lot of language and some sexual content. Also, drugs, violence, gang related items...overall not one I would want my teeanage daughter reading, even if I did happen to like it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Perfect Chemistry.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Brandi I agree lots of cliche and familiar situations! I still loved it. I think it was the way she wrote it that you felt what the characters felt like a Stephenie Meyers novel. Very few books do that for me. Glad you like it! Are you going to see midnight showing of Eclipse tonight??