Julie's Reviews > Lovestruck

Lovestruck by K.T. Grant

Jul 16, 10

bookshelves: read-in-2010
Read from July 08 to 11, 2010

I was really happy (and honored) when KT Grant asked me to read her debut novel. There were many reasons why I was excited to read it. For one thing, I’ve been following KT’s blog for quite some time – it’s one of my favorites. On top of that, the buzz surrounding this book has been hard to miss.

I downloaded “Lovestruck” onto my shiny new eReader, totally stoked. I settled into my recliner with it…and then my Kobo died. *stands up, punches fists in the air, jumps up and down like a two year old* *sigh* I have trouble reading on the computer – the screen tires my eyes. But I really didn’t want to wait another couple of weeks for my eReader to be repaired, so I sucked it up and read “Lovestruck” on my laptop. I’m glad I did because it was well worth it.

KT Grant did a nice job with this story. Barbara is a very compelling character, one who is used to getting her way. (How else would you become one of the most successful hotel CEOs?) She is instantly drawn to Jenny, a college student lost in the midst of her life. Jenny’s internal struggle about Barbara is well written, and naturally she makes the right choice in trusting her gut. Not only do Barbara and Jenny bring out the best in each other but they also help the other let loose and have fun. Of course, love ensues along with lots and lots of sex. *winks*

The secondary characters are wonderful to read. I felt especially drawn to Mike and Kyle. I would love to see a book where Mike is the hero, and maybe even a book for Kyle. Imagine a series consisting of three books – one f/f, one m/m and one m/f. How neat would that be?

Overall, I found this book to be quite fun (“hee hee, they meet at Starbucks”…), charming (“it’s so cute how Mike looks out for Jenny”…) and educational (“so that’s how two women get each other off…over and over again…and again”…). Oh, and steamy…very steamy. Nice job KT. I look forward to reading more of your stories.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lovestruck.