Leonie's Reviews > Kushiel's Dart

Kushiel's Dart by Jacqueline Carey

Jun 04, 11

bookshelves: read-in-2011, romance, adult, adventure, epic-fantasy, female-protagonist
Read from May 06 to June 04, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 1

Pfffff, that was one long read, but worth it. When I started reading this book, I was instantly drawn into the story of Phèdre. This book has many different aspects, and a lot of things happen. When I picked this book for my reading list, I hadn't expected to be quite so elaborate on the whole courtisan thing, so it was kind of shocking. Luckily it wasn't to detailed, mostly.

I really liked the concept of the world that the story takes place in, which is Europe, but made into a fantasy world by changing the names of countries and cities. This way it is new and familair at the same time.

The intrigue in this plot is brilliant and thought through really well. I really like Delaunay and Alcuin, they're both really sweet. Hyacinthe is the best best friend you can wish for, and I'm a big fan of Joscelin! He's great. I'm kinda glad that I finished this book, it's were quite a lot of pages.

This trilogy has two more books, which I think I will read, but not for a while, I've had my fill for quite some time, I reckon.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kushiel's Dart.

05/06/2011 page 36
05/08/2011 page 595
59.0% "I'm pretty hooked to this book, which isn't a good thing, for I need to study for a big test coming up, and I'm relinquishing that. MUST READ BOOK!"
show 4 hidden updates…