Vicki (The Wolf's Den)'s Reviews > Blood Bound

Blood Bound by Patricia Briggs

Jan 17, 11

bookshelves: own, urban-fantasy-paranormal, girl-power, romance, the-wolfs-den-reviewed
Read in January, 2009 — I own a copy, read count: 2

The gang's all back for another adventure in the Tri-Cities. And this time, it looks like there's blood in the forecast. That's right, I hope you enjoyed your taste of vampires, because they're back with a vengeance. Okay, not vengeance really. Just calling for repayment.

It's been a few months since the events in Moon Called, and Mercy's managed to find herself in the middle of another race's troubles. It seems there's a demon-possessed vampire running amok, threatening not only innocent people's lives, but the vampires' secrecy. What starts out as a simple repayment of a favor, turns into a fight for survival, both for Mercy and her friends.

This time the mystery is more of a man-hunt; not so much the who and why, but the where'd-he-go? With help being a bit less trustworthy, and friends getting harder to come by, there's a lot more sleuthing on Mercy's part. And she's all the stronger for it.

My main complaint lies, again, with the ending. There seems to be a solid stopping point 25 pages before the end of the book, yet the story kept going. Much like Lord of the Rings, you started waiting for it to end. The main threat had been neutralized, and now there was a new man-hunt. Knowing what to expect on the re-read, it wasn't as bad making it through. But I can still remember the first time having it send me to sleep. It's almost as if...it was tacked on in order to set up problems in the following book(s)... I mean, it still works, it still follows the same story, but the pacing doesn't quite flow through the final section.

Also, I believe there were 3 or 4 typos. Tsk, tsk, tsk.

BUT, on the whole, it is a worth-while read.

Approximate Reading Time: 7 hours

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Bound.