Nuriko Windchaser's Reviews > Wraeththu

Wraeththu by Storm Constantine

Jun 27, 2010

Read in May, 2010

This review is not only for the Wraeththu series, but also for the following Wraeththu Histories series.

I really did love these books. At first I was a bit put off by the first person perspective, since I tend to like third person better... but once I got past that I found the characters and the world really engaging. And it was fascinating to get multiple perspectives of events from different characters, it truly illustrated how wonderfully flawed and realistic all of the characters truly are.

My only disappointment is that Storm Constantine introduced some interesting themes in the Histories series that she failed to follow up on at all. I want to know how Azriel and Aleeme recovered, and about Aleeme's harling. These characters presented an opportunity to delve into how the characters would deal with bearing children from rape (a thing previously considered impossible with wraeththu) and dealing with being a child of rape. And while Azriel and Aleeme are mentioned once or twice as recovering in the last book of the series, the harling was never brought up again. Maybe I'm the only one thus interested in the psychology of the individual, but I still think that this was a missed opportunity.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wraeththu.