UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick's Reviews > Sweet Release

Sweet Release by Pamela Clare

This is an amazing story! One of Pamela Clare's finest - Sweet Release (Blakewell/Kenleigh #1) and just $0.99 for a limited time! http://amzn.to/1HKRw66

Sweet Release is the first book in the Blakewell/Kenleigh trilogy, and I don’t even know where to start when reviewing this story, so I’ll skip the plot synopsis and keep it short and sweet. It’s a tale filled with adventure, passion, and romance that will stay with you long after you’ve read those final words. No matter the genre, Ms. Clare knows how to bring her characters to life making them so much more than just names and words on the page, and Alec Kenleigh and Cassie Blakewell are among my favorites. They are people of honor and integrity who aren’t afraid of hard work. They’re the kind of people who built this country, the ones we read about in our history books - those who have become heroes and legends.

The bottom line – Whether they’re hanging out of helicopters trying to rescue the heroine, or picking tobacco on a Virginia plantation, I can’t get enough of the men and women from Pamela Clare’s stories and find myself constantly on the edge of my seat waiting to see where life will take them next. And hot? Sweet Mary!! Can this woman write some hot, sexy scenes!

I have very few auto-buy authors on my list, but Ms. Clare is one of them. If you’ve read her books then you understand why, but if you haven’t you need to fix that fast because you’re missing out on some wonderful stories!

Oh, and great news!!! If you’ve been trying to track this book down with no success, it’s now available on amazon.com and barnesandnoble.com in ebook format for $2.99, and worth every penny!

----------

If you're already a Pamela Clare fan, or interested in learning more about her and her books, be sure to stop by our Pamela Clare Fan Group here on Goodreads!
41 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sweet Release.

04/07/2011 page 33
9.0% "Ooooh, great start! Poor Alec."
04/08/2011 page 50
13.0% "See, this is why I love Pamela Clare's writing. I don't know how she does it, but she can take everyday things like gardening, cooking, eating, slaving away in the sun - and make it interesting! I always feel like I'm learning something without having to sit through a lecture to do it. Great story, great characters... and a debut novel? Really??? It's very, very good so far!" 2 comments
04/09/2011 page 120
32.0% "See, this is why I love Pamela Clare's writing. I don't know how she does it, but she can take everyday things like gardening, cooking, eating, slaving away in the sun - and make it interesting! I always feel like I'm learning something without having to sit through a lecture to do it. Great story, great characters... and a debut novel? Really??? It's very, very good so far!" 1 comment
04/09/2011 page 175
47.0% "GAH!!! It's angst. Angst makes me so ..... angsty!!!"
04/10/2011 page 280
75.0% "For the love of all that's naughty! I'll never be able to hear the word "shackles" again without having to fan myself!"
04/10/2011 page 374
100.0% "Wow... What an awesome story! This "debut" novel was every bit as wonderful as some of the best books I've ever read by well established authors. I shouldn't be surprised I guess. Pamela Clare can't write anything other than excellent!"
show 1 hidden update…

MashJ you need to read this one!

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick I'm reading this one March 21st as part of my LK Spring Cleaning challenge!! I'm, REALLY looking forward to it.

KatLynne A great one Dhes!

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick It's so so so good!!! But I'm at angsty parts! LOL

Autumn  guess what Dhes ! i found this book and Carnal gift on the discount bin section on BWB!! i now have the trilogy!! YAY!!

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick Autumn wrote: "guess what Dhes ! i found this book and Carnal gift on the discount bin section on BWB!! i now have the trilogy!! YAY!!"

That's awesome!!! So start reading SR now so we can talk about it! LOL

Autumn  ur tempting me to adit my challenges LOl!!

message 8: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda I have all 3 of these too!!

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick It was so very good!! I'm glad I didn't put it off, but by the same token, I now have only 1 more book of hers left to read until Connor MacKinnon's story, Defiant, comes out next year.

Elaine Mcdonald I promised myself that I wouldn't buy any more books until I finished the books I already have...but after reading your review, I went straight to Amazon and purchased this one! :D

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick I'm so, so glad, Elaine to have caused you to break your promise! LOL! This one is so worth it!!!! Have your read any other of Pamela's books?

Elaine Mcdonald No, I haven't read any of her books. (It has to be a really good book for me to spend $7.99 on it!) I am really looking forward to it though :D
I did manage to go ten hours without buying another book! lol But even the very cheap books add up when it is so easy to click buy it now with one click!

My daughter said this morning that there were 108 books on my Amazon account she hadn't read yet. So there must be quite a few I haven't read yet either!

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick Elaine wrote: "It was your comment that she was an auto buy for you that made me decide I had to read something by her. And at $2.99, that is not bad at all! I <3 Amazon! "

I'm so glad to hear it! I hope you love this book as much as I did, and that you'll want to read more. There are 3 books in this trilogy, and reading in order is important, in my opinion, because the books span several years and we see the younger characters from the first book all grown up in the next two books.

Also, if you love Highlanders, she has her MacKinnon's Rangers series which is also set in the Colonies, but with Highlanders fighting in the French and Indian War.

Her books are historically accurate, but not text book boring.

I can't wait to hear what you think!

Elaine Mcdonald Ahh, Dhes, who doesn't love hunky highlanders? I actually have a wedding coming up this year where all the groomsmen will be wearing kilts! The groom is 6'9 with reddish blond hair. Makes me think of Jamie in Diana Gabaldon's books! :) (If you haven't read those you need to start now!)

I also love historically accurate! So many books are classified as historical fiction, but really have very little historical aspects to them!

Love reading your reviews!

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick Thanks so much, Elaine! I'm glad you find my reviews helpful.

I think I'm the last person on the planet (or at least on Goodreads) who hasn't read Outlander. I plan to remedy that one day soon :)

Elaine Mcdonald Outlander is great! Plan to have some time for them though! I stayed up 48 hours straight reading those! They are very long! Around 800-1200 pages each. I read all of them within 2 weeks, they were that good! I really liked Catherine Bybee, too. Lots of action, smokin' hot and highlanders!

I just started my first 'real' vampire series. It seems everyone on goodreads loves them. I had read the Twilight series, but they are definitely YA. Not so the series by Lara Adrian. Totally yummy!

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick Oh, I LOVE the Midnight Breeds, but my favorite Vampires are J.R. Ward Black Dagger Brotherhood! Amazing!

Elaine Mcdonald I just put the first two on hold at my library. I will try them out soon! :-D Snf free is always nice!

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick I can't wait to hear what you think!

Elaine Mcdonald Loved it, Dhes! So much tension towards the end, it had me totally stressed out!

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick I know, right!? I couldn't imagine how things could possibly work out! But oh, I so loved it!

message 22: by Hanife (new) - added it

Hanife Downloaded. Thanks!

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick You're welcome! Enjoy!

message 24: by Hanife (new) - added it

Hanife I think I will. Pamela's stories always kept me in hook.

♡Karlyn P♡ Free?!! Thanks for the update!! I loooooooved this book

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick Free!!! I downloaded it in epub so my daughter can read it on her Sony!

Be sure and let everyone know! OH, and if you can, report to amazon that you've found a lower price so they'll match it!

message 27: by Laura (Kyahgirl) (new)

Laura (Kyahgirl) thanks for the review and the tip about smashwords! I really enjoy this author but have only ever read her Denver journalists series.

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick Oh, grab this one, Laura!! It's so good!!

message 29: by Laura (Kyahgirl) (new)

Laura (Kyahgirl) I did, I did!!! :-)

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick LOL!!!!!!!!!! Good!!!!!!!!!

message 31: by Heller (new)

Heller Thanks for the heads up on smashwords about this! Picked it up. Looks good!!

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick Oh, it's really a great story. Romantic, exciting, sexy... love it!

Victoria This was the book that introduced me to Pamela Clare's writing. It was sooooo good!

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick I totally agree, Victoria! I started out with her I-Team books, though, then made the move to her historicals. No matter what she writes, it's always brilliant!

Joy (Cheery♡Reads) Thanks for the heads up on smashwords. Bought Carnal Gift (with new materials) along with this. Fell in love with Pamela's writing in MacKinnon’s Rangers. Love her writing.
Now I just can't get enough of the Scotsmen.

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick Joy, you are going to LOVE LOVE LOVE Defiant! Connor and Sarah have become one of my all time favorite couples. I'm sooooooo looking forward to its release so I can talk about it with everyone!!!!!!!!

Joy (Cheery♡Reads) The moment I read the blurb, I know I was going to loveeeeeeee it and I am dying to get my hands on it! I have to thank you for it.

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick LOL!! Torturous, isn't it? But just think... less than 6ish weeks now... and we've been told Joseph will get his own story, too! SO YAY!!!!!!!!!

Joy (Cheery♡Reads) I tweeted Pamela asking whether there will be more books in the series. She replied that she will love to continue but depends on whether the publishers will allow her to.
Hopefully they will or they already did. So, YAYYYY!!

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick Yes, she's told us there will be 2 more books, Joseph's for sure.

Joy (Cheery♡Reads) WOW! Awesomeeeeeeee!!!!

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick Joy (Cheery♡Reads) wrote: "WOW! Awesomeeeeeeee!!!!"

Ditto!!!

E luvs Dan, Qhuinn, Tate, Po, Rule & Lucas thanks Dhes; i wanted to read this and you just informed thats free now

message 44: by UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick (last edited May 23, 2012 10:08AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick You're welcome, Elora! I hope you love it as much as I do. And the next books, Carnal Gift and Ride the Fire (one of my ALL TIME FAVORITE historical romances) are only $2.99 each.

Victoria Ride the Fire is also one of my favorite historical romances of all times, it is truly a masterpiece!

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick Victoria wrote: "Ride the Fire is also one of my favorite historical romances of all times, it is truly a masterpiece!"

Trish thanks again for the heads-up! I just downloaded it to my Kindle! Can't wait for June, LOL!

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick YAY! You can read Sweet Release while waiting for June's challenges... speaking of which... I need to get them posted :)

message 49: by Mei (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mei I seems similar to Shanna... ;)
I loved Shanna! :D

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick I haven't read that one, Mei!

« previous 1