Kari Anderson's Reviews > Pistonhead

Pistonhead by Thomas A. Hauck

Aug 03, 2010

Read in June, 2010

Charlie Sinclair runs a line at a plant by day, but by night, he is a rocker in one of Chicago’s up and coming bands. It’s not all glitz and glam for Charlie though, like you imagine for a rocker. He lives in his apartment with mice, his girlfriend cheated on him with another rocker, one of his band mates and best friends dies and he is losing his job in two weeks. There may be a glimmer of hope on the verizon, but with everything else on Charlie’s plate, that glimmer made fade out like a wet fire cracker.

Thomas Hauck gives us a look at the life of a rocker that most of us never see. We have all watched the shows on MTV and VH1, but we never really know what goes on when the mic is turned off. This book shows us that when you take away the groupies and haven’t quite made it, life for a rocker is as hard, and maybe harder as all of our non-rocker lives.

Thanks to Thomas for sending me the copy of this book. I love receiving books that I normally wouldn’t pick up. It definitely helps expand the genres that I read. Everyone needs a break from teen angst and mid-life crises of the fake housewives of our favorite novels. A little smack in the face with reality is needed every now and then.

I give Pistonhead 4 bookmarks.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pistonhead.