Tracy's Reviews > The Tripods Boxed Set of 4

Jun 28, 10

Recommended to Tracy by: Guys Read
Recommended for: Chris, Max, Christian, Corbin
Read from June 27 to 28, 2010 — I own a copy

This set was a fantastic discovery for me! The books were written in the late 1960's, and I read them in 1977 on the recommendation of my elementary school librarian. She told me that not many girls finished these books, which, of course, made it necessary for me to prove her wrong. I hadn't remembered them, but when "The White Mountains" was on a list of recommended books for boys, and I checked it out for Ryan, it was deja vu.

I'm not sure if it is because these are really fun books, or if its just because of the feeling of reconnection with my childhood, that I couldn't put them down, but all I've done for two days is read this series. Ryan read them too, and now Jeff is reading them. There are very few things so treasured to me as a book (a series! double-bonus!) that I can read, share and enjoy with my kids and husband.

I think they might be a little hard to find, our library only had one of the series. We ended up buying the set on Amazon, and its an old set from the 1980's.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Tripods Boxed Set of 4.