Jen Hayes's Reviews > An Inconvenient Wife

An Inconvenient Wife by Megan Chance

Jul 01, 2010

Read from June 27 to July 01, 2010

As I finished the last 124 pages this afternoon at a Cosi in Mt. Kisco, "An Inconvenient Wife has me in a spell, like Lucy's spell cast by Seth," I mused. I raced through to the end of the book, and then sadly, the end of the last paragraph, my mouth agape. As if in a trance, I swept up my half-empty iced latte, and made a slow start for the door. As I pushed through the 12' tall glass doors, littered with fingerprints of guests of all sizes, I thought, "Surely I haven't been reading long enough to have the 49 minutes on my parking meter run out," but I felt a quiet anxiousness to get to my car. As I strode more quickly down S. Moger, I spied with disbelief a red & white paper (surely a parking ticket) flapping seemingly anxiously in the breeze. (And wasn't the weather delicious today!) As it were, my love of this book has cost me $10, payable to the Town of Mt. Kisco.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read An Inconvenient Wife.

06/27/2010 page 57
14.0% "Reminiscent of Jane Austin, Madame Bovary and Virginia Woolf, rolled into one. Not getting into it, though. I think I need to sit down on a rainy afternoon with a cup of tea and get 100 pages in, then I'll love it."
06/29/2010 page 67
16.0% "Damn, this is getting pretty good. :)"
06/30/2010 page 202
49.0% "What a book about excess! Lovin' it."