nymfaux's Reviews > Gimme a Kiss

Gimme a Kiss by Christopher Pike

Oct 30, 11

From my blog: (\__/)nymfaux

For most people, high school isn’t ever quite the same as we imagine it. It certainly isn’t for Jane Retton…which is why she fakes her diary. Instead of writing about her so-so blah everyday life, Jane writes about the kind of things that she wishes happened. And it’s no big deal, because no one’s going to read her diary. At least, no one is supposed to… In a mad rush, Jane accidently brings her diary to school with her. And out of spite, someone shares Jane’s diary with the entire school—In particular, the last entry. And everyone believes it’s true. After all, it’s Jane’s diary, Jane’s handwriting. And even though hardly any of it IS true, Jane’s boyfriend certainly isn’t denying it.

Jane is MORTified. And I absolutely LOVE the cover blurb:
Some girls would simply die.
Other girls would kill.

But Jane Retton…she would do both.

Juicy, right?

Jane plots an intense revenge scheme, unaware that someone is willing to go even farther than she is… and is planning to help make Jane’s plans into a reality.

****************************************

Albeit slightly dated, Gimme a Kiss was still the fast-paced, riveting Christopher Pike I remember being glued to way back in the ‘90s. It’s a pretty quick read, perfect for imbibing your nostalgia, or just for a fun, gripping, twisty-turny edge-of-your-seat read.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gimme a Kiss.