Jennifer's Reviews > Unspeakable

Unspeakable by Laura Griffin

Jun 30, 10

bookshelves: romance, mystery, suspense
Read from June 26 to 30, 2010

From My Blog...[return][return]There is nothing quite as exhilarating as discovering not only a talented, new to me author, but also a series, a double bonus. Unspeakable by Laura Griffin is her second book in her Tracer’s trilogy. I have not read the first, Untraceable, which I shall remedy and then look forward to her next book, Unforgivable. Clearly, Unspeakable stands well on its own merits, yet it is such a stunning forensics suspense thriller that I must read the others in the series. I am compulsive that way when a writer is this good.[return]Special Agent Elaina McCord is a relatively new profiler and while she is intelligent and had hopes for a prominent placement, she was placed in the Brownsville, Texas branch of the FBI. To make matters worse, when the FBI is called into a crime of a serial killer, the local police do not want anything to do with her, and so much as tell her to go back to her office. Elaina is not one to be deterred and begins to receive some assistance from Troy Stockton, a true crime writer, who appears to have more access to the crime scenes than Elaine could ever hope to. How far is she willing to go, trusting all that is said stays out of Stockton’s next book?[return]Unspeakable is an exhilarating thrill ride that takes the reader on the hunt for a serial killer, introduces the reader to the superb all star team, the tracers, comprised of the best forensic experts. Personally, I was unable to put the book down and hours flew by as the clues racked up, the mystery intensified, as did the strategically placed plot twist and turns. I would recommend Unspeakable to anyone looking for an excellent suspense novel and look forward to reading more from Griffin’s Tracers series. This is an author to keep an eye on.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unspeakable.