Adna's Reviews > The Strangler

The Strangler by William Landay

Oct 15, 10

bookshelves: what-was-up-with-that, action-crime-mystery, review-written
Read from June 26 to October 10, 2010

** spoiler alert ** Summary: A story of three brothers: Ricky, Michael, and Joe Daley. All three are involved in crime. Joe is a police officer, Michael is a lawyer and Ricky is an expert burglar.
Their father (Joe Daley Sr.) was a police officer. He was murdered and his murderer was never solved.
Their city is Boston in the year of 1963. Crime is in the air and the Strangler is on the loose.

Two stars for this one. I didn't like the way story went back and forth. I kept getting confused about whose story I was reading... And I guess it took me a while to read the whole thing. The characters were quite depressing and negative. But I guess you can't expect too much from a murder mystery. The writer, William Landay, got good reviews for his previous book Mission Flats (I haven't read that one) so that is the reason I thought this book would be something. Oh and there were a few typos. Edit, edit, edit.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Strangler.

Quotes Adna Liked

William Landay
“It was a limitation of human consciousness: We live only in the future and past, we cannot perceive now. Now occupies no space, a hypothetical gap between future and past. Only an exceptional few could feel now athletes and jazzmen and, yes, thieves...”
William Landay, The Strangler