Nardsbaby Reader's Reviews > Dutchess

Jun 26, 10

it was ok
bookshelves: 2010-reads

All The Queen's Men

Pirelli Blackwell, Sade's favorite cousin, has just been released from the penitentiary, thanks to his cousin's knowledge of the law. Pirelli is ready to turn up the heat, and when Sade suggests a partner for his enterprise, he's willing to take the risk.

Kennytha Baptiste is a Haitian drug lord who is above reproach. There is nothing or no one out of reach, especially if it interferes with his growth.

While I was able to finish reading DUTCHESS, the lack of any editing made the story harder to read. The story is littered with errors, characters that serve absolutely no purpose and don't contribute to the flow of the story. The missing timeline makes it seem as if this is just one long day in the neighborhood. With each and every page turn I kept asking, "WHY?" Yes, you get the generic reasoning, but it doesn't fit.

I can see the potential for a promising story. HOWEVER, I cannot in its current state, recommend DUTCHESS
2.5
OOSA Online Book Club BOTM In DUTCHESS readers become acquainted with the Blackwell family of Highland Park, Illinois. Cheryl, a federal prosecutor, and Lawrence, a DEA agent, have one daughter, Sade. When a case that Cheryl is prosecuting interferes in their personal life, Sade decides to take action.

OOSA Online Book Club BOTM

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dutchess.