LynnMarie's Reviews > Scent of Darkness

Scent of Darkness by Christina Dodd

Jun 26, 10

LynnMarie’s Review

This is the first book in the Darkness Chosen series by Christina Dodd. With so many paranormal romance books popping up, I had reservations about starting this new series. However, I was pleasantly surprised with the author’s writing style and the world created.

Ann Smith is a character you can’t help but adore because she’s flawed, realistic, and easy to relate to. We join her on her journey as if we’re right beside her. She considers herself plain and boring, certainly not good enough for her gorgeous boss, Jasha Wilder. But one day she decides to stop hiding from her feelings. She fixes herself up, and travels out to his property with plans to seduce him. What’s the worst that can happen?
When she witnesses Jasha morphing into a wolf before her eyes, her carefully made plans come crashing down. As she races away from the monster, she’s pursued and taken down in the forest.

The sex scenes were hot, especially that first forced seduction in the woods. There is so much more to this paranormal romance than just great characters and fun dialogue. Christina Dodd builds conflict in her complex plot. Generations ago, Jasha’s kin made a pact with the devil in exchange for the ability to shape shift. Somehow Ann is the key to ending the evil that has controlled the family.

For a paranormal romance with adventure, danger, love and great characters, pick up a copy of Scent of Darkness. I can’t wait to read the next book in this series.

5 Tea Cups!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Scent of Darkness.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

DarienMoya Yep the forest scene was a scorcher, plus Jasha is super sexy.