Aimee's Reviews > True Nature

True Nature by Dehanna Bailee

Jun 26, 10

bookshelves: e-book, paranormal-romance

Kailen's search for answers brings her to New Orleans in search of a mysterious woman who's supposed to be able to help. For years she's had debilitating seizures for no apparent reason. And no one seems to know what's causing them. One day Marc shows up to take her to where she needs to be to get the help she needs. Their journey brings them closer while they traverse the challenging landscape of backwoods Louisiana and ends with Kailen's shocking discovery of her true self. And what Marc has come to mean to her.

Right now is one of those times I wish we were able to use a half star. I think this is more of a 3.5 star, but couldn't bring myself to give it a 4. And it upsets me, because this one had 5 star potential. This author has a great writing style. There's a good flow and the dialogue is believable. The plot was well-paced for the most part. But there was just something missing. I believed the bond between Marc and Kailen, but I just needed more from them as characters. I'm not sure if I needed to know more about their past, or just to delve a little deeper into their emotions. But I jsut wasn't able to connect with them like I wanted to.

I won't go into the secondary characters. Michael and Raven were the only ones that didn't seem like cardboard cutouts. There wasn't much to the rest. And, honestly, I would liked to have seen more interaction with Michael. It would have helped me to better understand his actions. He's a character that I wouldn't mind seeing her expand on in a sequel.

Overall, it held my interest all the way through. The romance was subdued, but believable. Slightly predictable, but still worth the time it took to read it.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read True Nature.