Alexis's Reviews > Happily Ever After Marriage: There's Nothing Like Divorce to Clear the Mind

Happily Ever After Marriage by Sarah E. Hampson

Jun 26, 10

bookshelves: 2010

Mixed feelings about this one. I love Sarah Hampson's writing for the Globe, but was unaware that she had been writing a column about divorce for the Globe. Anyway, there was some good stuff in here, most notably about her ideas about love after divorce, and some of her preconceptions that led to her marriage, unhappiness and divorce. I also liked the sections about some of the things that she had learned from interviewing celebrities, including a section where she gets love advice from Leonard Cohen. However, there were some sections that I just found silly- like a section about dating in your 40s or 50s and a section about Botox. There was another section about marital sex that also bugged me. I'm not sure if it's just because I couldn't relate at all to these sections, or if the writing was off. I would have edited them out. Still, there was a lot of food for thought in this book, and I was compelled to read it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Happily Ever After Marriage.