Dia's Reviews > This Side of the Grave

This Side of the Grave by Jeaniene Frost

Mar 10, 11

bookshelves: favorites
Read from March 06 to 10, 2011

OMG!! yeahhh... that rocks!! I totally thougt that the 4th book was the last... and now she brings out a 5th book!!!?? Jeanine Frost?! I love u!
haha... my fav *kick-ass heroine* vampire book series!! <3

PS.: I think I'll go crazy until it comes out! ...can't wait ^^

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read This Side of the Grave.

Quotes Dia Liked

Jeaniene Frost
“Before we go, I gotta know: If mind-reading abilities are real, there's something else I wondered if fiction got right about vampires-"

"Ask me if I sparkle and I'll kill you where you stand," Bones cut him off with utmost seriousness.”

Jeaniene Frost
“My dear Reaper," Vlad said, still laughing. 'Did you just check out our-'
'No!' I interrupted at once, almost lunging toward the staircase. 'I'm tired and still dazed from the Remanats and ... fuck it, I'm taking a shower. I mean, not a cold shower, because I don't need that.' -oh Jesus I was only making this worse- 'because I am cold already, and I need to get hot. I mean, warmer. Oh just shut up!' " -Pg 280”

Jeaniene Frost
“Try not to think too often, you'll only hurt yourself”

Jeaniene Frost
“Much slower, I turned around to see Vlad examining his fingernails, as if his hands weren't still ablaze in the flames that had blasted the ghoul's head off moments before.
'what the hell was that?' I gasped.
'Premature inflammation,' He replied. 'Happens sometimes. Very embarrassing, I don't like to talk about it.' ”

Jeaniene Frost
“I know I'm delicious. Nummy.....nummy.
-Vlad”

“You. Me. Exorcist.
-Bones”

Jeaniene Frost
“...But the one thing that I would never, ever recover from would be losing you. You made me promise before to go on if that happened, but Bones, I wouldn't want to. - Cat from This Side of the Grave”

03/06/2011 page 1
0.0% "Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay FINALLY GOT IT!!!!!!!!"
03/06/2011 page 62
17.0% "hahhaha... I'm rolling around laughing about ten minutes now.. xDD This is soooooo frigging hilarious:
--Timmie gave Bones and me a speculative glance. “Before we go, I gotta know: If
mind-reading abilities are real, there’s something else I wondered if fiction got right about
vampires—”
“Ask me if I sparkle and I’ll kill you where you stand,” Bones cut him off with utmost
seriousness.--" 1 comment

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Sara You and me both. can't WAIT for it.

Gabriella Apparently there are more coming!! :):):):)

Desiree Rico There will be 7 or 8 books in this series according to Jeaniene Frost's website. You should also check out First Drop Of Crimson and Eternal Kiss of Darkness that are just the first two if many spinoffs to come from this series.

message 4: by Dia (last edited Nov 24, 2010 06:52AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dia O man! That are the greatest news EVER! I really thought that the 4th was the last book xD

PS.: @Desiree... I've read "First Drop Of Crimson" and it's AMAZING! I am reading eternal kiss of Darkness right now and (I won't spoil it but...) its... puhhh... WOW! It's the story about Mencheres!! I love this guy! ^^

Desiree Rico I'm glad to see that so many people love this series like I do. I love the genre butJeaniene Frost is my favorite paranormal romance author.I'm also excited to hear that Vlad will b getting his own spinoff series according to a post by Jeaniene.

message 6: by Dia (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dia Yeah!? OMG! Vlad is my favourite character because I'm originally from Transilvania (Romania)... exactly from the village where Vlad Tepes was born and lived (Sigisoara)! So i kind of grow up with the storys and legends. He was rumoured to have been a very cruel and fearsome man but Jeanine makes him look so hilarious and fun! Totaly love that!

Roberta i know...but its close to release now and J frost has released the first two chapters and a snippet on her website. Check it out.

message 8: by Dia (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dia jes I know!! I follow her updates and the the first two chapters where soooo amazingly good... it made me even more anxious about the release of the whole book!

QuotetheRaven Ugh, I need to catch up. I just got 'this side of the grave' and every time I try to start reading something else comes up and I have to put it down. >_<.
Is 'eternal kiss of darkness' any good?? After reading the synopsis I just didn't feel the need to pick it up right away..