Kewpie's Reviews > The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty

The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty by A.N. Roquelaure

Jan 03, 08

I got this in a boxed set one Christmas from my GRANDMOTHER. She knew I collected fairy tales and their adaptations. I'm fairly certain she had no idea the books were erotic. I think she just saw "Sleeping Beauty" and assumed I'd want it. She wanted to borrow it from me when I was done. I kept pretending to forget it every time.

First Book: Fun and novel read. Interesting background and lots of creative naughty bits for fun.

Second book: Lost steam. She lost most of the background and plot and even though there was a variety of positions and objects -- she recycled quite a bit of the sex scenes.

Third book: I've NEVER read an erotica book that I considered flat out BORING until I read this book. I skipped what little bit of the plot was there. I believe she used MAD LIBS to write out the sex scenes. They seemed idetical except for which piece of fruit was inserted where. I've been more stimulated reading the phone book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kate (new)

Kate Zirkle Mad libs! lol

Love it.

message 2: by Cyd (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cyd That is hysterical, I can't believe your grandmother got them for you. I like your review and very much agree.

Jasmin omg, your grandmother got it for you? good for her, she didn't browse the pages :))

Angi From your grandmother... Hilarious!!

message 5: by Regina (new)

Regina hahahahahaha oh god ! =)

message 6: by Keltie (new)

Keltie That's adorable!!! Lol

message 7: by Kelly (new)

Kelly From your grandmother at Christmas! LOL!!!!!

Vanessa Cusack Lol that's awesome your grandma is sweet.

message 9: by Christine (new)

Christine White francis Lol! I love your review!

Geoffrey Mad libs! Yes, the third novel is really where she went off the reservation. Sort of the way every single sex scene in 50 shades went (Christian nuzzled my neck ..blah blah..orgasm from 10 seconds of penetration.. "Oh Christian!")

message 11: by Amy (new) - rated it 1 star

Amy Wolfe god i laughed so hard at your review

Jeanette omg I can't stop laughing ... if your poor grandma knew what she gave you ......