Samantha's Reviews > Insatiable

Insatiable by Meg Cabot

Jul 07, 10

bookshelves: teen-fiction, vampires-dont-judge, paranormal-supernatural
Read from June 25 to 30, 2010

This book wasn't what I was expecting. That's not actually a bad thing.

Like someone else said, I wish I could write two reviews. Actually, I wish I could write three.

1. The beginning was slow and hard to get into, the only reason I kept reading was the fact that I paid 22 dollars for this book and was going to get every ounce of satisfaction I could out of it. I found the third person narrative hard to follow and unintriguing. It just didn't draw me in.

Once the romance of the story was introduced and a little more plot and drama (I loved the soap opera story line and the gabs at pop culture vampires!) I found myself enjoying it more. What I originally thought was a teen book certainly wasn't with what was a little more than PG-13 passages, I loved the dialogue between Meena and Lucien and I loved their adventure in the museum.

Then suddenly the plot goes a little more Angels and Demons than I prefer. For me personally, all the characters and backstories were hard to keep track of. I think the only way to avoid that would have been to leave us in the dark about something.

This is probably my only really valid problem with the book. Because of all the different points of view (I think we get three or four of them through out) nothing is really a surprise. Everyone knows enough of what the bad guys are gonna do in order for you to piece it together.

The ending is left open for a sequel.

I went back and forth between liking and disliking Meena. I could never figure out if she was smart, down right stupid or under the thrall of a vampire. By the end of the book it had changed slightly with her standing up for herself, but it was those moments in between that made me worry.

Still though, I enjoyed the book. It certainly wasn't what I was expecting but not every vampire book can be about love and romance because life isn't like that. I think, ultimately, that was refreshing.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Insatiable.

06/25/2010 page 10
2.0% "Loving it!"
06/29/2010 page 350
78.0% "Not quite sure how I feel about it anymore..."
show 1 hidden update…