Jayci Reeder's Reviews > Still Life With Crows

Still Life With Crows by Douglas Preston

Jul 02, 10

Read from June 25 to July 02, 2010

After staring at the cover for a few days post-pick up from the library, I finally gave in to my determination and curiosity. It was constantly thrilling, but parts were a bit gruesome (the crime scenes), but I could not put it down. There was quite a bit of humor in it, contributed by Corrie, a goth girl in the small town who really just wants to be left alone, so she dresses and acts out. She becomes Special Agent Pendergast's "assistant" and really turns into a character anyone can like.

There were a few parts that I would be getting to antsy during my silent reading, so I'd make Mark stop and listen to me read it aloud. He would egg me on saying, "you can do it!" you can get through this part!" Then when I did, we'd laugh about it.

While Pendergast is in Kansas solving the murders, there is an elderly man, named Wren, working in his ancestor's basement, the Cabinet of Curiosities. There is something going on there, but it is never wrapped on in this novel, so I'm thinking it may be in the nest one? We'll see!! AHHH! The party goes on. I also hope Corrie is a continued character in the next book or perhaps even the next after that.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Still Life With Crows.