Allison (The Allure of Books)'s Reviews > Too Good to Be True

Too Good to Be True by Kristan Higgins

Grace Emerson's ex-boyfriend is a prick. Seriously. And her younger sister? A spoiled moron. Grace sure isn't perfect either.

Luckily, she has better luck next time around in the love department with her neighbor Callahan (I love the name Callahan, by the way). She accidentally hits him with a hockey stick...and then a couple of other times too. Luckily, he has a well-developed sense of humor. He also appreciates that Grace's neurotic tendencies can be construed as cute instead of completely insane.

Once again, Kristan Higgins and both her trademark humor and poignant moments hit dead-on and make the book fabulous.

One of my new favorite swoon-worthy moments of all time also occurs in this book. Four words: Gone With the Wind.

Anyway, I've come to regard Kristan Higgins as one of my favorite comfort read authors. I know that when I pick up one of her books, I will get a well-developed love story, tons of hilarity, and also a few moments that leave me in need of Kleenex. She is great at making her readers' get caught up in the lives of her characters. My favorite book of hers remains Just One of the Guys, but this one is a great read as well.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Too Good to Be True.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Rachel I just added her as one of my favorite authors as well. She definitely has some comedy in with romance :)