Anne's Reviews > Grave Sins

1720620
Jul 08, 2010

bookshelves: paranormal, read-in-2010
Read from June 29 to July 08, 2010

Lots of fun! I really enjoyed Graves Sins as much as I did the first book in the series, The Wages of Sin, and I'm looking forward to Bound By Sin.
I like that this series is not very dark and doesn't seem to take itself too seriously. If you are a stickler for things like characters using language appropriate to the times they live in, though, you may be a little put off. In this case it doesn't bother me, because it seems to flow with the spirit of the story.
I feel I should also add that these books do smell a little like paranormal romance. I know that some of you out there are not into that kind of thing, and will appreciate the advance warning. Still, it's not like the plot revolves around her sex life. It seemed to me that this book had less sex in it than the first one, which makes me feel like the author is going in the right direction. Don't get me wrong, I luvs me some dirty sex in my books, but I always get a little nervous when it comes to paranormal romance. One minute the heroine can be kicking ass, and the next minute some dude is rubbing her nipples with his tentacles or something equally disgusting! *Shudder* Thankfully, it doesn't look like this series is going to go down that path.
I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for a fast, fun, interesting read that has a healthy dose of action, mystery, and romance.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Grave Sins.