Lenihan's Reviews > Doctor Who: The Monsters Inside

Aug 09, 10

bookshelves: doctor-who, english
Recommended for: Any Doctor Who fan
Read from July 29 to 30, 2010 — I own a copy, read count: 1

My very first Doctor Who book, one of the five I've bought while I was in London. I started on it while I was in the tube on my way back to the hotel and boy it was a good read.

I admit that I started on this book with some doubts. The back cover gave away some hints of the Rose and Doctor being separated throughout most of the book and old enemies showing up as well, which didn't appeal to me. Yes, I still bought it and read it as the first book and... it was amazing. The characters were perfectly kept in character, but more important than that, the writing style read like a train. Perhaps because it's written for children, though at the same time that could mean a book is too dull to read.

But it was exciting, with moments of joy and laughter as well as terrifying moments that made you want to read on and on.

... In short, I finished this book in a day. I couldn't stop reading it. I read it on the tube, I read it while waiting in line to check in at the airport, I read it at the airport, while I was on the plane and I finished it back in Holland while on the train from Schiphol to Amersfoort.

I loved it. And that's all I feel like saying about this book. I'm not going to tear it apart and show what made it good, because that would just ruin this wonderful experience. I can't wait to continue with the next Doctor Who novel.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Doctor Who.