Bry's Reviews > Playing Easy to Get

Playing Easy to Get by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Jul 23, 10

bookshelves: 2010, anthology, paranormal-romance
Read from July 20 to 23, 2010

This anthology was certainly hot but definitely lacking in the plot department. The first story by Kenyon was completely unrealistic - even for a romance story - and because of the unbelievability I didn't get too into it. The second story by Black was just basically a spiffed up attempt at justifying sexual slavery. Basically the entire premise just annoyed me so much I couldn't really enjoy the story. Maybe I am being a bit hard on it, I get it's just a romance story, but still. Finally, Cole's story was the best in terms of plot and characterization, although it was significantly longer - still though it didn't really grab me, which was sad because I was looking forward to reading her Immortal After Dark but now I am not so interested. Overall, just underwhelming is all, but hopefully others like it a bit more than I did.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Playing Easy to Get.

07/20/2010 page 99
30.0% "Finished Kenyon's story. Completely unrealistic even for a romance story but oh well. Vince did seem pretty hot either way."
07/21/2010 page 177
54.0% "Didn't really care much for Black's story. No matter how you dress it or the HEA ending, it was still slavery and sexual prostitution." 1 comment

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Laura the Highland Hussy I hated Jaid Blacks Vikings which is sad since she was an editor for Ellorahs Cave. I read a full length novel that was just awful. I liked KC but I read that short after I was already into the series. I'd give A Hunger Like No Other a shot before you give up on her IAD series.